'Skype Can't Connect' Problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

'Skype Can't Connect' Problem

Whenever I run the Skype launcher, I will type my username and password (and the username and password is 100% correct) a loading circle will appear, and after 5 minutes of waiting it will say; 'Skype Can't Connect'.

I've tried completely removing all traces of Skype and re-installing it, and it still doesn't work. It's not in compatibility mode, I don't have any firewalls, and the latest thing I downloaded before the crash was an emulator, and I've tried deleting that and still no luck.

Also, its not the account, I've tried it on other computers and it works fine. I also tried other accounts, even made a new one, and still doesn't work.

I use skype for both YouTube and talking to my friends. Please help!

This widget could not be displayed.
ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

SilverDawg wrote:

Norton Internet Security. I didn't even know there was a Norton 360!

Try this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Connection-Problems/m-p/972512#M71674

View solution in original post
SilverDawg
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 29 (5,860 Views)

Re: 'Skype Can't Connect' Problem

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6308
Message 2 of 29 (5,839 Views)

Normally, Norton filters out any  viruses I download and looks after tracking cookies too. I've ran a full system scan with 3 different anti-viruses, Malabytes, Spybot, and Norton, and they only found either nothing or some minor tracking cookies.

SilverDawg
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 29 (5,795 Views)

Which version of Norton?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 29 (5,792 Views)

Whatever the newest version is.

SilverDawg
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 29 (5,775 Views)

Is it Norton Antivirus / Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 29 (5,772 Views)

Hi. I have downloaded yeasterday skype and i found another problem. i menaged to log in after 30 min trying, but i cannot add a new contact. I see pnly the two blue arrows then the message "Skype cannot connect". My win is new. 
I do not have any anti-virus prog or firewalls. i am using my comp only for skype.

SilverDawg wrote:

Whenever I run the Skype launcher, I will type my username and password (and the username and password is 100% correct) a loading circle will appear, and after 5 minutes of waiting it will say; 'Skype Can't Connect'.

I've tried completely removing all traces of Skype and re-installing it, and it still doesn't work. It's not in compatibility mode, I don't have any firewalls, and the latest thing I downloaded before the crash was an emulator, and I've tried deleting that and still no luck.

Also, its not the account, I've tried it on other computers and it works fine. I also tried other accounts, even made a new one, and still doesn't work.

I use skype for both YouTube and talking to my friends. Please help!

Hi. I have downloaded yeasterday skype and i found another problem. i menaged to log in after 30 min trying, but i cannot add a new contact. I see pnly the two blue arrows then the message "Skype cannot connect". My win is new. 
I do not have any anti-virus prog or firewalls. i am using my comp only for skype.

jetlifen
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 29 (5,770 Views)

jetlifen wrote:

check this:

https://support.skype.com/en-gb/faq/FA1070/how-do-i-update-my-firewall-to-work-with-skype

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 29 (5,768 Views)

Im having the same problem...if you find anything out can you let me know what the problem was?

upwardbound86
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 29 (5,763 Views)

Of course, if we ever find the problem :sad:

SilverDawg
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 29 (5,743 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling