Skype Camera won't work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Camera won't work

My Skype camera won't work although it works in other programmes that use the camera, and it has only become a problem since i moved house, can't seem to find any solution!

Chloe_Bard
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (6,989 Views)

Re: Skype Camera won't work

More details please.   For starters:

What type webcam?

What version of Skype?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specific version number.

If you click on Tools > Options > Video settings, what does it say in the Select webcam box?   And do you see your own video on that page?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 5 (6,985 Views)

I'm having the same trouble.

My webcam is a Logitech HD 1080

I am on a Mac, and my Skype version is: 6.0.0.2968

Thanks for any clues.

Eric

What type webcam?

What version of Skype?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specific version number.

If you click on Tools > Options > Video settings, what does it say in the Select webcam box?   And do you see your own video on that page?

esp23
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (6,882 Views)

esp23 wrote:

I'm having the same trouble.

My webcam is a Logitech HD 1080

I am on a Mac, and my Skype version is: 6.0.0.2968

Thanks for any clues.

Eric

What type webcam?

You will have much better chance to get an answer if you post Mac related questions on the Mac forum:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/bd-p/Mac

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6940
Message 4 of 5 (6,880 Views)

thanks!

esp23
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (6,874 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling