Skype Camera not working - they see me but I don't...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Camera not working - they see me but I don't see them or myself

Dear all,

Please, I need help!

I am having issues with my camera to use skype and facebook. The camera is working properly, I have test it by itself. However, when I try using skype, people can see and hear me but I cannot see them or myself, olny hear them. And facebook dos not recognize my camera. Please, help me!

dearhelp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (362 Views)

Re: Skype Camera not working - they see me but I don't see them or myself

What exactly do you see when in Skype you go to Tools -> Options -> Video settings?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6844
Message 2 of 4 (357 Views)

It recognizes the camera and the light goes on, but the image is black.

dearhelp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

What is your currently installed Skype version? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

Also, please,  run the DirectX diagnostics tool.

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type dxdiag.exe and press the OK button. This will start the DirectX diagnostics program. Run this diagnostics and save the results to a file. Please, attach this file to your post.

Be aware that you will have to zip this file before attaching it here.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6844
Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling