Skype Call Volume Control

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Call Volume Control

Why, oh dear God why, is there no longer a quick access volume control on version 5.5.0.119?  Prior to this update there was a volume control down where you could click to turn your webcam on.  It's annoying as hell to have to go through options every time to adjust the volume of a call.  I, for one, am constantly adjusting call volume and to not have this nice little tool any longer is just a pain in the butt.  I really hope that Microsoft is going to make Skype as totally craptacular as Window's Live Messenger currently is.

alteregokam
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (3,410 Views)

Re: Skype Call Volume Control

[ Edited ]

why isnt there a volume controll far as i know its been under the call quality info for quite some time.
wich is the stripes going from small to big

martin86
Routine Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (3,378 Views)

With the newer versions of the Skype clients. The audio volume controls can be accessed by clicking on the bars icon in the call window.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 625
Message 3 of 7 (3,372 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also am adjusting the volume constantly on conference calls.  Some people sit too far away from their speaker phone, some people speak too loudly.

Can you imagine having to continually click through to some other menu every time I just want to bump the volume a little either way?

It's too many clicks to get to the volume control, please put it back on the main call screen.

Erikku
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (3,363 Views)

Please consider this. It's really frustrating when one person uses a mic on their laptop and the other person uses a headset and you cant individually control their sound. Volume controls for conference calls please!

HypaSnipa
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (3,205 Views)

where is that feature in the mac os version. i cant find it
rgmike
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (3,040 Views)

Well, Microsoft Corporation does not make Skype, Skype Corporation makes Skype. Microsoft did nothing wrong, but Skype is better than W.L.M., I've got to admit.

jayde453
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (2,821 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling