Skype Adjusting (Lowering) Volume Of Other Program...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype Adjusting (Lowering) Volume Of Other Programs

Hey, I've been having an issue where whenever skype makes a noise it lowers the volume of my other programs that are running; i.e. I-tunes. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've gone into the "Communcations" tab in the Sound options and checked the "Do nothing" box, but that didnt fix the problem. I honestly have no idea what else I can do, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sorrowszz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (754 Views)

Re: Skype Adjusting (Lowering) Volume Of Other Programs

Bump for this one.

I really, really, reeeeeaaaally dislike this thing. I simply hate it. I think I can choose myself if I can hear the other party right? For all you guys know I might have super hearing powers and my ears might explode when I'm only hearing skype.

That said, I just like to know if there is a way to disable this. I just want to hear everything as I used to before I started a call.
Thundernerd
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (494 Views)

this is NOT a Skype issue, it's Windows
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)

Are you serious? You do not know by any chance how to disable that right?

Well, thanks for the info anyway :happy:.

Thundernerd
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (480 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling