Skype 6.7 Will Not Connect

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype 6.7 Will Not Connect

I just downloaded skype 6.7 for windows 7 and for some reason it stays on the connecting screen, never moving past it. No matter how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. If I could even just reinstall 6.6 it would probably fix the problem but I can't find a download link online that doesn't seem shady. 

mh3240
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (8,500 Views)

Re: Skype 6.7 Will Not Connect

You can try to install the 6.6.0.106 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.6.0.106.msi

However, the problem might also be with your Firewall and Antivirus software.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7071
Message 2 of 9 (8,489 Views)

I had this problem the past few days, finally found a forum post with the solution, the two posters before me were correct, download an older version... 6.6 didnt work for me, neither did 6.3, I had to go all the way back to 6.1

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-Can-t-Connect-I-ve-tried-everything/m-p/1...

here is the post

MrEidsen
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 9 (7,924 Views)

:(y): :wink: thank u

GEORGIEGURL
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (6,408 Views)

Skype Doesn't Connect!!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I checked my compability its not checked. i don't have antivirus programs on. If its my firewall i don't know how to fix it :/. I Even installed a old version to see if that will help.

Blastt.
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (5,610 Views)

So, I should choose between virus prevention and Skype???

Ollnder
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (4,843 Views)

Ollnder wrote:

So, I should choose between virus prevention and Skype???

What is your problem with Skype?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7071
Message 7 of 9 (4,840 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

As I answered the topic "Skype 6.7 Will Not Connect" and the information there that it's perhaps problem between Skype and antivirus pgm, that maybe gives some clue of my problem.

However, I later on succeeded to solve the problem, more or less. By reinstalling, unistalling, cleaning and reinstalling again. And then forgetting it.

Ollnder
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (4,812 Views)

Closing this topic now as it relates to a meanwhile outdated Skype version. Current version is 6.10 which you can download from www.skype.com/go/download 

If you have connection problems on newer Skype versions please start a new topic.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13566
Message 9 of 9 (4,804 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling