Skype 6.3 Unable to Rename my Contacts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype 6.3 Unable to Rename my Contacts

How can I rename contacts in Skype?  I right click on the contacts and I don't see a rename and I use be able to do it by opening a message screen and putting the mouse near the name and I was able to get a Edit option.  However since I installed Skype 6.3.0.105 I don't get the option.

TavoJenkins
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,429 Views)

Re: Skype 6.3 Unable to Rename my Contacts

Same with me, I can't seem to rename with the new update of skype.

Please bring back this function.
Its hard to remember who is who without the rename function.
Sonicit
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 9 (1,357 Views)

Contact renaming works fine for me with 6.3.0.105, both in the conversation window, and also by right-clicking on the name on the contact list
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 282
Message 3 of 9 (1,347 Views)

You can rename all skype contacts, but can't rename the Facebook & Windows Messenger contacts.
the previous version of skype had the option just in the name section, but the button is now been removed from name for contacts.

Please bring it back Skype.

Sonicit
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]

I Agree!

If I don't have this option, I'm gonna remove Skype from my PC.

I Can't have my MSN contacts like this! I want them organized as I like / know, not the way others want!!!

MFalorca
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (1,269 Views)

i agree, please bring this feature back!!!!
acrophile
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (1,189 Views)

First off i would like to say that Skype SUCKS major big time. I have no idea what Bill Gates is thinking lately (or is he)

Second: can't rename contacts either, it is also **bleep** near impossible to ask a question and get a proper answer from the powers to be (which is nothing unusual these days since there is no money involved in such an activity) also i have been searching hi and lo to change the conversation font. The only contacts i use are my live messenger contacts and several of these are in China and their names are either abbreviated and have squares in them or the whole is in squares and therefore i have no idea who is who and most of those i can't tell by their email address who they are. Again Skype SUCKS and i think before Bill Gates forced us to use an inferior product the least thing he could have done was to make sure it has the same functionality as Live messenger.

Just my 2 cents worth.

windsurfer_on
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (1,095 Views)

I Agree. It is very annoying not being able to rename your contacts!

Please bring back this option. And maybe keep the option to see what the original name of the contact was.

wpr
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (1,043 Views)

With all due respect, Bill Gates is no longer the one driving the whole thing. Yet, I do agree with your statement that there are some issues with Skype that need to be fixed
jan_guardian
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (654 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling