Sign In

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Sign In

I've recently installed skype on a new laptop and I cannot sign in. The download is all OK, the firewall has been checked to allow Skype access but I keep getting a message saying that Skype can't connect. I'm working on windows.  Anybody have any ideas what's wrong?

dexy183
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (410 Views)

Re: Sign In

I'm having the same problem, I've been using skype for years on this laptop and today it won't let me on. Anyone even know how to get through to the helpdesk?

ciarbyrne
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (407 Views)

Re: Sign In

[ Edited ]

dexy183 wrote:

I've recently installed skype on a new laptop and I cannot sign in. The download is all OK, the firewall has been checked to allow Skype access but I keep getting a message saying that Skype can't connect. I'm working on windows.  Anybody have any ideas what's wrong?

What version of Skype?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specifc version number.

What do you see if you open this link with Internet Explorer:

https://apps.skype.com/home/

If you click Tools > Options > Advanced settings > Connection, what number do you see in the Use port for incoming connections box?

Wnat anti-virus/firewall are you running?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1015
Message 3 of 3 (401 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling