Setting up a new Skype account (different user) on...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Setting up a new Skype account (different user) on a PC that previously had another Skype account

I need advise. I am giving my old laptop to an aunt and am trying to set up a Skype account for her, in her name, with her own ID and using her email address for contact information. I was the previous user of this laptop and had my Skype account on this machine. The trouble now is that when I've tried to set up a new account for my aunt with her name and contacts, the system automatically retrieves my previous Skype account information and re-engages my previous account. How do I totally delete my previous account information so that the system does not automatically retrieve my old account. Any suggestions? Thank you.

ernie V.

erniev
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (5,865 Views)

Re: Setting up a new Skype account (different user) on a PC that previously had another Skype accoun

I also face same problem. After some my friend use their skype ac at my destop computer. All ac records are left at my computer although, i uninstall and reinstall skype again. ANybody can answer how to delete other account history?

lavender080
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (5,387 Views)

Re: Setting up a new Skype account (different user) on a PC that previously had another Skype accoun

[ Edited ]

all you really need do is use the client to Sign Out of one account, and then Sign In to another account

there really is no problem with information for multiple accounts co-existing on the same computer, and if you delete one set, it will be re-created the next time that user signs in using your machine

but there is one issue that seems to bug an unusual number of users . . .

as a user convenience, Skype displays (on a dropdown list on the login screen) the Skype Names of any and all users that have previously signed into Skype using your machine

if for some reason, you wish to remove one or more names from this list, then you must manually delete the folder that contains that user's information

to do this, when NOT running Skype, press/hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press r -- now copy/paste %appdata%\Skype into the Windows RUN dialog that opens, and click OK

Windows Explorer should open and, in the right panel, you can find and delete the folders whose names correspond to the Skype Names that you DO NOT want to see on the dropdown list on the login screen

re-start Skype and confirm that those account names no longer appear in the dropdown on the Sign In screen

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 281
Message 3 of 4 (5,374 Views)

THANK YOU!!... it was bugging me something chronic... and such an easy fix!

technogeekslass
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (5,323 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling