Script error

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Script error

Hello I need help desperately because it is really annoying to have this error keep on popping up every time.

So basically, I can send Facebook messages through Skype.

But now when a message comes, a script error comes out and says will I stop the script.

It keeps on coming out nearly each time a message comes.

Please help me solve this.

exodushl
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 17 (5,547 Views)

Re: Script error

Click Start >> Run >> Type iexplore.exe

In IE, Click Tools >> Options >>Advanced >> Browsing

Mark/Check Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer and Disable Script Debugging (Other)

disablescript.PNG

Alternatively, simply reset the internet explorer settings

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Run This FixIT.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6514
Message 2 of 17 (5,540 Views)

I did everything with the settings, and also I don't use IE, I use Google Chrome.

exodushl
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 17 (5,517 Views)

you did not tell me about the error.  Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer and Disable Script Debugging (Other) should stop the script error. you don't need to use Internet Explorer. but skype relies on it. 

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 17 (5,506 Views)

I did the internet explorer settings but still doesn't work.

exodushl
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 17 (5,489 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this:

In IE, Tools >>Internet Options >>Security Tab >>Custom Level >>Scripting >> check, Enable

ActiveScript.PNG

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 17 (5,485 Views)

Your solution does not work for me. WinXP 32bit Service pack 3, Single Core Athlon XP cpu, 3 Gb RAM, latest version of Skype as of July 14th 2013. However what I did find that stops the errors in Skype is stopping the advert on the main screen by right clicking and deselecting play.

Sometimes I think people who create such screwed up programs need to get some sense knocked into them. I never, ever had such problems with the old Windows Live Messenger.

AprilDawn
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 17 (3,804 Views)

AprilDawn,

Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Find-out-which-version-of-Internet-Explorer-youre-u...

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 17 (3,784 Views)

hello, i have a problem with using Skype on my computer. This make me annoyed when using, i have to wait for a short time before keep going my work, in chatting,or in something I do on Skype. So, what's this and how can I fix it? Do I need to reinstall my window or something elses?

Tks for your help.

dsds.png

thaitoan
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 17 (3,218 Views)

Hi April I Was wondering if you know what to do if you right click and it doesnt give you the option to deselect play on the advertisements? This script error is horrible and wont let me operate my skype like it did not even a week ago. I use a similar system and have tried updating and all the other suggestions for IE do not work at all.

lagunalife
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 17 (2,999 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling