Screen Sharing only showing corner of the screen.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Screen Sharing only showing corner of the screen.

Hi, I just updated to Windows 7 and now when I try to share my screen on Skype, my conversation partner can only see the top left-hand quarter of the screeen even though skype claims to be sharing the entire screen at my end. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

my_questions
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (5,069 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing only showing corner of the screen.

Most likely you have screen magnification set to something bigger than 100%. In Windows 7, right click on the desktop, select Screen Resolution, select Make text and other items bigger or smaller, and check the setting. If not set to 100% select the 100% setting and press Apply. Skype screen sharing should work correctly again.
Onkenhout
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (5,047 Views)

It seems the issue has been around every since sreen sharing is supported. The font size /dpi has nothing to do to with how large a screen should be shared. When the user select "share my entire screen", it means "share my entire screen" not "share a smaller screen if my dpi is high".

Besides, it is a very lengthy process to change font dpi. In fact, the user needs to be logged out.

When will this bug be fixed?

noanswer
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (4,951 Views)

I am reasonably certain that, at this time, Skype does not consider this to be a bug so it is NOT going to be fixed until:

a) it is reported to Jira (with logs)
b) it is acknowledged as a bug by Skype
c) it is fixed and released

http://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/ReportIssue
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 4 of 4 (4,934 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling