Sais ''Problem with playback device''

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Sais ''Problem with playback device''

Hi all....Can you please help with this problem cause i dont know what to do anymore; did the settings for the mic, web and so on and sometimes(not always) when i try to call or receive a call just ends right after answering and sais problem with playback device. And does the same on my friends laptop....same laptop ASUS. Thank you for your time.

oanastefan88
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (5,137 Views)

Re: Sais ''Problem with playback device''

If you go to Tools -> Options -> Audio settings, what option do you have for Speakers settings? Can you hear any sound when you press the green test button?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6071
Message 2 of 14 (5,134 Views)

Hi ruwim, yes i can hear the sound when i press the green button, the thing is that i used skype for videocalls and it worked, just sometimes doesn't and i dont know why.

oanastefan88
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (5,129 Views)

Whenever I answer incoming calls, they hang up and the message "problem with playback device" appears. I'm not able to make outgoing calls and "call failed" message appears.

My audio settings (mic and sound) are configured correctly. I can play other media devices on my Asus laptop with no sound problem.

Operating system: Windows 7

Skype version: 5.5.0.124

I clicked on "Help", "Check for updates" --> You already have the latest version of skype installed.

I really appreciate if someone could HELP to solve this "problem with playback device". Thank you.

antrium
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 14 (5,083 Views)

Re: Sais ''Problem with playback device'' when i call to Echo/test service no answer

when i call the reply is problem with playback device and when i test echo call test the the

problem is echo call test no answer please resolve my problem thanx

Malik sikander Baig 

maliksikander3
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 14 (4,168 Views)

address problem pl "problem with playback device"

rsinghasp
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 14 (3,779 Views)

Latest Skype update (5.8.0.158 on a Vista laptop) seems to have disabled connection capabilities. Can't connect to echo/sound test as well as other users who are labelled and confirmed by phone to be online. Have tried with multiple different computers using Windows XP, Vista, and 7 as well as Apple devices. Also tried on different networks with same result. All these devices/networks previously and recently worked fine with Skype. Other user I have tried to contact reports the "problem with recording device" message. I either can't receive at all the Skype video calls they say they are making or get the indication they are calling but, when I try to answer in any fashion, the call immediately terminates with a message indicating a problem with the connection and Skype is trying to reconnect (which it never does).  When I call other online user, the connection beeps several times before hanging up. What's the problem with the update? 

dlsmd
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 14 (3,768 Views)

Hello, I have the same problem , but with me I can't hear any sound.. Please reply..:happy:
Svanney
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 14 (3,552 Views)

no sound when I press green test button

PatriciaHarris1
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 14 (3,543 Views)

There seems to be lots of people with this problem I cannot find a way to get Skype to co-operate and give us a solution

graham4562
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 14 (3,176 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling