Re: SMS to china doesn't show my US phone number, ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SMS to china doesn't show my US phone number, but a local number instead

I have configured in tools->options->IM SMS-> using my cell numbe, but my friend in china still sees the message coming from a local number 0085264504508, why???  How to resolve this issue?

bennyg123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (276 Views)

Re: SMS to china doesn't show my US phone number, but a local number instead

I have exactly the same problem, although my Skype sms messages still show my old Thai number, which I am trying to have deleted...so far without any luck!!
rogerlawrence4
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (269 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, although my Skype sms messages still display my old Thai number, which I am trying to have deleted..........without any luck so far!!

rogerlawrence4
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

i saw one option in skype account, on skype caller ID, there is a place that you can set your caller ID, and I have set it to my US number, will try tomorrow whether that works for SMS also.

bennyg123
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling