SMS says return number is 759-73 even though set t...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SMS says return number is 759-73 even though set to my mobile number

[ Edited ]

My SMS return mobile number is set correctly when I SMS but when I send a test message I get the return number as 759-73.  I have used this option in the past and it has worked correctly.  How do I fix this?

My SMS options return phone number is set to my mobile number.

I uninstalled Skype and deleted the data files under Appdata... and reinstalled and still does not work.

TIA. 

david_1818
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,845 Views)

Re: SMS says return number is 759-73 even though set to my mobile number

Just found this: "Please note: SMS messages sent to mobile phones in China, Taiwan and the USA will not display your Skype Name or a validated mobile number. Instead, these text messages will have generic, pre-defined numbers as the sender ID."

From support.skype(dot)com/en-us/faq/FA672/How-do-I-show-my-mobile-number-when-sending-SMS-messages-from-Skype.

sethdrayer
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (3,700 Views)

[ Edited ]

This fix worked -

Scroll down and click on the box / button with the title "Caller ID"

It will take you to the Caller ID "Features" page (see attached screen capture)

Where it says: "Display this number when I call phones" make sure the number showing in the drop down window is your mobile phone number. If not, you need to change it, by either adding the number or selecting it from the drop down window.

Note: If, for example, you see a number in the window that is NOT your mobile number, and instead you see a number you have purchased from Skype, use the drop down window to locate and select your mobile #, which is what I had to do. If you haven't listed your mobile # with Skype yet, you can easily do that on the same page.

tomward
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,534 Views)

This fix worked -

Where it says: "Display this number when I call phones" make sure the number showing in the drop down window is your mobile phone number. If not, you need to change it, by either adding the number or selecting it from the drop down window.

Note: If, for example, you see a number in the window that is NOT your mobile number, and instead you see a number you have purchased from Skype, use the drop down window to locate and select your mobile #, which is what I had to do. If you haven't listed your mobile # with Skype yet, you can easily do that on the same page.

tomward
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (1,532 Views)

This fix worked -

tomward
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,528 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling