SKYPE IS NOT CONNECTING

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SKYPE IS NOT CONNECTING

I have been unable to connect to SKYPE for 1 week now.  I can access other websites, have checked there is no problem with my internet connection.  I have uninstalled an re-installed the SKYPE program, i have reset the internet options and reinstalled over the current sykpe program.  Last nite I downloaded skype onto a friends laptop and accessed my own account but for some reason it wont even connect on my computer I am using windows.  Can you please please help!!!

nilu_kurnaz1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 16 (14,844 Views)

Re: SKYPE IS NOT CONNECTING

I reinstalled skype and i am unable to connect with my new id as well old id plz help me out 

using windows 7

krsubbu
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 16 (14,734 Views)

I reinstalled skype and i am unable to connect with my new id as well old id plz help me out 

using windows 7

krsubbu
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 16 (14,733 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... , what happens?

If it fails, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the regular release, please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 4 of 16 (14,722 Views)

I've had the same issue trying to connect with Windows 7 - it never worked...then about 2 weeks ago it started to work.  I then switched Skype off mid last week and since then it won't connect again.  It lets me log on on the web into my account, but on the installed skype programme, it just says 'can't connect' after a few minutes of trying.

I've done everything in your list and it still won't work.  I'm getting really fed up with it.  Does anyone please have a simple solution or is there a glitch with Windows 7?

thanks

thetoothfairy
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 16 (14,718 Views)

HI I have tried all 3 steps as indicated by yourselves but none have solved the problem like the others I am able to access my account but am unable to reach my home page which has a list of my contacts on.  My PC is advent and has windows XP version 2002 with support pack 2 can you give me further advice please!!

nilu_kurnaz1
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (14,707 Views)

nilu_kurnaz1 wrote:

HI I have tried all 3 steps as indicated by yourselves but none have solved the problem like the others I am able to access my account but am unable to reach my home page which has a list of my contacts on.  My PC is advent and has windows XP version 2002 with support pack 2 can you give me further advice please!!

Why do you not have service pack 3 for XP?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 7 of 16 (14,704 Views)

thetoothfairy wrote:

I've had the same issue trying to connect with Windows 7 - it never worked...then about 2 weeks ago it started to work.  I then switched Skype off mid last week and since then it won't connect again.  It lets me log on on the web into my account, but on the installed skype programme, it just says 'can't connect' after a few minutes of trying.

I've done everything in your list and it still won't work.  I'm getting really fed up with it.  Does anyone please have a simple solution or is there a glitch with Windows 7?

thanks

In your case and your case only.

1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.

2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.

3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:

%appdata%\skype

If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.

4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.

5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:

%programfiles%

Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.

6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:

Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on and do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 8 of 16 (14,703 Views)

not able to connect skype.............on window 7

amitkmr046
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 16 (14,628 Views)

@TheUberOverLord: Came here with the same issue, your solution worked for me. Thank you very much.

SigmaSonas
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 16 (14,606 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling