SKYPE DISAPPEARS

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SKYPE DISAPPEARS

The last few days I fine my SKYPE file is not on the computer when I start it up.  I download it again.  The program works fine, but then when I come back onto the computer the SKYPE file box is empty.  This just started in the last few days. I am tired of downloading again and again. System is XP with whatever the lastest IE is available.  Suggestions?

thanks.                                                   dnb

dnb
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (2,281 Views)

Re: SKYPE DISAPPEARS

What do you mean by that “Skype file box is empty”? Don’t you anymore see the shortcut on your desktop? Can you see the file Skype .exe in C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6141
Message 2 of 7 (2,174 Views)

I have the same problem.And no I cannot see the files.
ag65
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (1,466 Views)

Found it! Thanks

ag65
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (1,462 Views)

My Skype itself disappears

1. the icon at the top of my page and in my start menu ...And in my programs- skype disapears.

2. I then install it again, but after some weeks it again disappears

MY PROBLEM NOW, IS THAT I COUDN'T INSTALL MY SKYPE AGAIN AFTER ITS MOST RECENT DISAPAPEARANCE, BUT  I HAD TO REGISTER AGAIN, USING A NEW USERNAME... iT ISN'T THAT BIG A PROBLEM, AS I AM USING GOOGLE+ MORE OFTEN, AS OTHERS SIGN UP FOR IT.

intlprof
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (1,287 Views)

I have that problem too! I've had Skype for over a year on this computer and it has always worked fine until last week everything disappeared. I can't find Skype anywhere! It's not on my start menu, taskbar, or desktop. I checked all my files and programs in my computer but there is no Skype. I didn't delete it or anything, but it just disappeared, and when I tried to download it again (about 5 times), the Skype setup says an error occured because I already have the same version of Skype on my computer or something

Anyone help me? Thanks.

Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (1,260 Views)

Oh wait nevermind I downloaded it again from a different website and it works now! Sorry
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (1,256 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling