SKYPE 6.2

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

SKYPE 6.2

[ Edited ]

cant open skype 6.2 ? downloaded from skype installed as normal signed in but cant open from the skype icon or taskbar in windows 7 64Bit? had to go back to 6.1.0.129

i have put a bug report in here https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCW-4103

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle and Always look on the bright side of life
carrbrian
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 28
Message 1 of 28 (1,032 Views)

Re: SKYPE 6.2

same issue here, seems Skype 6.2.x broken some hardware compatibility.

I rolled back to 6.1.0.129.

MELERIX
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 175
Message 2 of 28 (959 Views)

yeah did not think i was the only one with problem lets hope it dont take to long to fix.

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle and Always look on the bright side of life
carrbrian
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 3 of 28 (955 Views)

Try Below:

Delete Skype desktop shortcut.

Then go to Skype folder inside program files and go to phone folder and then right click on Skype application and select send to Desktop (Create shortcut)

Re-run skype using this new shortcut.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6233
Message 4 of 28 (946 Views)

thanks but that did not work it just wont launch the desktop UI

carrbrian
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 5 of 28 (908 Views)

Can you please be more specific? Is there an error message? What hardware compatibility is not working?

Thanks in advance. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 202
Message 6 of 28 (906 Views)

Also, what antivirus software is installed?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 28 (898 Views)

i use Microsoft and i have checked all this and the firewall it just wont launch the IU (user interface) process explorer is showing its running the icon is in the taskbar but it does nothing when clicked.
carrbrian
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 8 of 28 (893 Views)

Make sure Skype is not running in Compatibility / ADMIN Mode.

compabtibility1.PNG

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 28 (887 Views)

yep done all that with compatibility
carrbrian
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 10 of 28 (884 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling