Really bad message/chat lag in Skype...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Really bad message/chat lag in Skype...

[ Edited ]
I'm talking about Skype group Chat here. It seems that people will chat, but I only see/recieve these chat messages hours later. This keeps me from being able to communicate with these people.
How do I fix this?
And BTY, don't feed me this: "Skype Instant Messages are only delivered when both the sender and recipient are online at the same time." Because my Skype is always on, and I'm always signed in.
Turkey
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (7,450 Views)

Re: Really bad message/chat lag in Skype...

[ Edited ]

im havin the same  problem  i can get i.m but mine wont send

tipy142
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 10 (7,443 Views)

[ Edited ]

A lot of people have this very same issue. 

Turkey
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (7,439 Views)

Turkey

Hello Turkey,

We notice that your posts have either had to be removed or edited to remove unacceptable text. Please ensure that future posts conform to the following Skype guideline:

Thank you.

"You are expected to maintain a helpful, respectful tone when posting. Opinions are welcome, but they may not escalate into flaming and rudeness against Skype, its staff, other forum members or any other party."

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1593
Message 4 of 10 (7,425 Views)

LOL... Norman....
What do you want me to do? This problem has been ongoing for years but no-one has even bothered to offer a solution. No-one seems to care. And if you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one who's upset enough to use 'unacceptable text.'
Turkey
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (7,415 Views)

I'm gettign sick of long delays without solutions. anyone knopw a good alternate IM alternative?

dlred
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (7,325 Views)

Did anyone ever get this solved. I can't have a chat with any without the possibility of lag of like 5 mins or hours between messages. It doesnt happen all the time but it happens.

TheGuardner
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 10 (6,846 Views)

Anybody? I mean, I'm trying to have decent chats but they're sent hours, even days late!
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Eibonie
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (6,837 Views)

There is even an urban dictionary entry for this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Skypwned&defid=2659282

A defect that has been around so long that it has a word for it?

You are a pathetic software company.

pokervane
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 9 of 10 (6,821 Views)

Completely true, microsoft skype is NO GOOD and no good tech-support, or trained developers.

To have skype from microsoft is like to have a car without wheels...

Tech support gives non-issued replyes... if they loose the manual where they must have some responses i don't know what they would say. 

Xander_Arg
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (5,682 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling