Random Calls from Odd User Names

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Random Calls from Odd User Names

So far I have had three different calls from three different usernames that are similar. I've been told not to answer these calls and I haven't. The usernames have been aa5.online.systems.update, usa.c3.osx.system.voice.alarm, and e3-alarm.computer.protection.off

If anyone else has had problems with these three or others that are similar? Does anyone know who they are or what company is doing this or if they are legit through Skype? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andreamadsen3
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (4,967 Views)

Re: Random Calls from Odd User Names

please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities.  and yes there are also some users who reported the same or simialr calls.

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 2 of 4 (4,821 Views)

Thank you so much.
andreamadsen3
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (4,816 Views)

[ Edited ]

Constant from unique scam addresses. First time in 10 years and now its every day.

This week from: ac4.online.warning.mac.win, ac4.online.warning.mac.win, unknown caller, alfjawoeidiwm...etc

I need anyone to be able to contact me because I paid for a phone number, so "contacts only" is not an option. No solution yet. 

There is only one thing you can do in response. It could help others perhaps....report each one each time over and over. I wonder if this works though because I found this forum post based on a scam address.

DO NOT follow the PC instructions linked here on the mac. Options are grayed out on the mac. On Mac: control-click on scammer's name in the left sidebar list of calls to report them for abuse and block. YOu will get an option to block and popup with report abuse check box sometimes. 

hf
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (4,729 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling