Problems with Skype and my new mouse

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Problems with Skype and my new mouse

[ Edited ]

Greetings all!

I recently bought a new mouse, Sharkoon Drakonia that works perfectly fine. I installed new drivers, set it up and all went fine. Mouse is completely functional, works in games, windows, programs, etc. But I have problem when I use Skype. When I start Skype still everything is normal but when I try to host or join the call my mouse freezes completely. It doesn't move at all. System still functions normally, I can use keyboard shortcuts, use alt+tab and so on but mouse is not responding. Since mouse obviously works fine in all other programs I guess there is no problem with mouse. I use Windows 7 that are completely updated and so is the rest of the software. By the way, I don't know if it's important but its a 4 way arrow cursor mouse. I tried reinstalling the Skype and also mouse drivers but it didn't help. 

Do you have any advice for me, please?

Tamim
Super Aviator

Accepted Solution

Try to start your Windows in "Safe mode with networking".
- repeatedly tap F8 as you boot.

What happen when you are trying to run Skype in that mode?

View solution in original post
ByteRat
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (1,911 Views)

Re: Problems with Skype and my new mouse

try uninstalling manufacturer's driver for your mouse and try using windows built-in driver

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6953
Message 2 of 8 (1,900 Views)

The same problem still occurs

ByteRat
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (1,896 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok... so I tried to unistal drivers from my headset and unplug it (Speedlink Medusa 5.1). That seemed to enable Skype to work in call. The strange part is that I used this headset for some time now, about a month wit Skype without any problems and the first problems appeared when I installed new mouse drivers. Headset works perfectly fine in all other programs and games. Also when I join the call people can normally hear me and I them, only my mouse pointer doesn't move for some reason. When I try to access audio settings in Skype same thing occurs as soon as I put the drivers of headset back. Did Skype maybe updated to new version recently or something? 

ByteRat
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,891 Views)

Try to start your Windows in "Safe mode with networking".
- repeatedly tap F8 as you boot.

What happen when you are trying to run Skype in that mode?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 5 of 8 (1,888 Views)

OK, I seem to solved the problem. It works fine now... and for now :happy:

Anyways since there was also problem with headset I tried to go to windows audio setup. When I went into playback devices all was fine but when I tried to go into recording devices mouse froze again so I presumed it wasn't only Skype, although other programs worked fine. I plugged in my headset in different USB port and now it all works. Strange couse that USB port also works and worked fine till now with my headset. When I plug in something else into him it also works. It got me very confused but atleast all works now. I thank you for swift replays and effort and I hope I wasn't big pain in the *** :happy:

ByteRat
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (1,884 Views)

You are very welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 8 (1,876 Views)

I sort of had the same problem. Everything worked fine, then after starting up a vid-call in Skype my mouse started freezing randomly. But it seemed like it was only the GFX, because after a second or two, it jumped to the place it would have been had it continued.
Fixed it by putting the mouse in another USB-port, which wasn't side-by-side with my keyboard. Works like a charm now!
Stekefett
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (1,448 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling