Re: Problem with playback device

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Just Brilliant, i removed skype as per your instructions and losty all my contacts !!!!!!

great, you really made my day with that advise.

Bollocks
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 24 (1,091 Views)

Spoiler
Seems like I have the same problem as many others but although I´ve followed the various recommendations on this website, I still have the same problem. I´ve just downloaded the latest update; I´ve checked all my settings and it shows that my mic and headphones are working, but I don´t hear asnyuthing. I tried copying the URl mentioned but a message said it´s no longer valid. AS others have said, I had no problem with Skype until this morning. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

paladin
Novel Tourist
Message 22 of 24 (895 Views)

I upgraded this morning, now i can't make skype calls, i get message saying "problem with playback device" i am on xp.

i use a headest with a seperate mic and headset plug. Also after i tried to make calls the sound wouldn't work on my pc. i have rebooted, sound is back on pc but skype still doesn't work.

MDUK
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 23 of 24 (879 Views)

to complicated for a simple user, think I qshoudl just stop using skype
desseljanssen
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 24 (823 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling