Please, help me "Sorry that password token is not ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Please, help me "Sorry that password token is not recognized..."

[ Edited ]

Hello Skype Team,

I am writing from my mother's account and I am having the following issue with accessing my account via retrieval of my password through "I have forgotten my password" and the following message comes up "Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

What happens:

I go onto the the Skype website and click "Forgotten your password?"

I correctly enter my email "*edited for privacy*" and click submit.

I am sent my token and so I click on the link "temporary code" and the webpage the comes up says "Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

I then Manually enter the token by both copy and pasting as well as manually typing the token and the error STILL READS "Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

I have done this over a few different days and i get the same result every time.

Email's from Skype address me as [E-Mail address redacted to protect privacy]

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a speedy reply would be welcomed.

Regards,

hungconcon

hungconvn
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (17,325 Views)

Re: Please, help me "Sorry that password token is not recognized..."

The same happened to me. I still can't find a solution.

mairazlima
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 4 (17,232 Views)

I am not so sure that Skype's password reset facility is capable of handling anything but passwords associated with SKYPE IDs
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 312
Message 3 of 4 (17,215 Views)

Good tip, Neil. It seems that those who log in using a Windows Live account (which is likely to be most former Messenger users) have to use the Windows Live password reset facility. In fact, my hunch is that lots of people who think they have forgotten their passwords are actually trying to log on from the wrong logon screen. Ex-Messenger users must click click on Microsoft account before attempting to log on or reset their password.

Blogged here:

Skype Password Token Is Not Recognized

MarkSkypes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (16,998 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling