Please bring back dialpad...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Please bring back dialpad...

Is there anyway to make this "sticky"?  We use a service that forwards a skype contact to a call in number.  Once connected, I have to type a code.  Skype decided to hide this field for skype to skype calls, and I have to go up to the menu each time I call and click on the show dialpad.   It seems it should have an option to make it show up all the time if I want. 

rnikula
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 15 (345 Views)

I agree. Skype engineers are getting famous for making stupid mistakes, and this is one of them. I also need to use DTMF after connecting, to IVRs and voicemail systems. 

BRING BACK THE DIALPAD LIKE 5.3! It didn't take up THAT much space!

Bob_Denny
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 12 of 15 (315 Views)

Bob_Denny wrote:

I also need to use DTMF after connecting, to IVRs and voicemail systems.

there is a already dialpad available for that in the latest version, a dedicated button right on the call control bar

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 303
Message 13 of 15 (312 Views)

Neil wrote:

there is a already dialpad available for that in the latest version, a dedicated button right on the call control bar

Really? I can't see it. On my copy of 5.5, you have to go up to the Tools menu and select Show Dialpad. Once you do that, THEN the dialpad (and thedialpad button) both appear on the in-call bar. I am using Skype 5.5.0.124. What version are you using? Here is what my in-call toolbar looks like (connected to the callee) before using the menu to open the diaload. On 5.3, the dialpad button was right in the middle of this bar by default.

In-Call Toolbar

Bob_Denny
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 14 of 15 (294 Views)

What else have you expected? According to the new ideology of Skype Developers, the users must be creative and train their brain to find all the hidden and secret options in Skype. What would have been the purpose of this Community Forum if everything in Skype would have been easy and obvious?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6440
Message 15 of 15 (292 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling