Playing computer audio over Skype on Windows 7 (ye...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Playing computer audio over Skype on Windows 7 (yes, Stereo Mix is enabled)

I have downloaded the most updated version of Skype onto my new computer whose OS is Windows 7. I am trying to figure out how to configure Skype so that when I play sounds on my computer (from a web page or from a media playing program) the sounds will be heard by the people I am talking to on Skype.

In my Windows 7 Sound Control Panel I have Stereo Mix selected as the default device, and it is enabled. Under the Listen tab, the box labeled "Listen to this device" is unchecked. (When I check it, it creates an audio feedback loop.) Under "Playback through this device" it's set for "Default Playback Device".

Does anyone out there know how to solve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :happy:

Please use plain text.
thegreatlukeski
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (2,800 Views)

Re: Playing computer audio over Skype on Windows 7 (yes, Stereo Mix is enabled)

you need to set the device as default comunication device (right click the device)

Please use plain text.
Swaldoz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (919 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling