People can hear my gamesounds/music through skype,...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

People can hear my gamesounds/music through skype, even with headset.

I have this weird problem that people can occasionally (often) hear everything that's coming from my headphones; game sounds, music, etc, and according to them, it's really disturbing.

I have disabled and muted "stereo mix", so skype uses only my headset microphone, which is the only one connected.

The volume of the music on my end doesn't affect the volume my friends can hear; if I, for example, mute a youtube video, they can still hear it.

Checking or unchecking the option in recording devices->advanced has no effect.

What can I do?

Sazureth
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (3,202 Views)

Re: People can hear my gamesounds/music through skype, even with headset.

I had the exact same problem discovered today...after 40min of my life and no real clear answer, I have discovered this: even though the recording devices under the sound control panel are disabled, they are not fully 'disabled.' What I ended up doing is re-enabling the stereo mix and realtek digital input (do the same for the equivilent on your computer) and turned the levels (its own tab) all the way down to 0. Worked for me.

Regards,

Pachi from PachiFanClub

pachifanclub
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 3 (1,873 Views)

Re: People can hear my gamesounds/music through skype, even with headset.

Tried this and it didn't work for me.  I'm having the same issue and the other person still says that they can hear all my sounds despite having a headset.  No idea what else to try.

Silune
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,864 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling