Re: Pause option when dialing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

why why why why does skype not have this!!!!!!  amazing

bbookman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 73 (1,254 Views)

FWIW, I've just discovered the lack of "," pause support in the Skype dialer -- and then this ages-old thread. I too and completely astonished. This is a VERY BASIC REQUIREMENT for the dialer to support, and would take a competent developer about 30 minutes to implement, if he or she were having a bad day. Geesh.
gregorythomasre
Novel Tourist
Message 32 of 73 (1,224 Views)

Well, I think we MUST continue picking on this subject, see if somebody of the tech dept at SKYPE will bother to care about us. I believe they have been urchased by MICROSOFT, correct?? TYYYYPICAL. Hope SKYPE will not start crashing and needing %$·%$ antiviruses.

Ah, by the way, my SKYPE does

1) not even RESPOND to a comma, and

2)refuses to call if a # sign is typed.

Anybody kind enough to help and/or comment :happy: ?

Thanks!

msmurawski
Casual Tourist
Message 33 of 73 (1,200 Views)

[ Edited ]

Also voting for pause option. :(y):

WarningU2
Novel Adventurer
Message 34 of 73 (1,170 Views)

NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1470
Message 35 of 73 (1,121 Views)

Has anyone searched for 3rd party fixes to this problem? The other fact I personally don't like is having to manually open the virtual keyboard before you can enter additional extensions, etc rather than immediately using the pc keyboard or number pad. I think I’ll send them a suggestion right now if I can figure out how, but I’m guessing they're already familiar with this shortcoming and perhaps a future update will include this valuable feature. Overall, I find Skype to be great and you can't beat the call quality. That’s more important to me than the convenience of a couple limitations and nuisances.
brooks_skype
Novel Tourist
Message 36 of 73 (1,108 Views)

"Limitations and nuisances" such as not being able to make the call.

Wait, let me check the calendar -- yes, it is 2012 and we are having this conversation.  Amazing.

leesallen
Novel Tourist
Message 37 of 73 (1,082 Views)

leesallen wrote:

"Limitations and nuisances" such as not being able to make the call.

the lack of this feature does not prevent you from making the call

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 314
Message 38 of 73 (1,079 Views)

Neil, you've done very little to move the conversations forward in this thread. Your short, snippy replies don't help at all.

My 3rd party solution has been moved to the community thread here and works for Skype for Mac in concert with the Alfred launcher.

My AppleScript can be found here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Re-Pause-option-when-dialing/m-p/731820/message-uid/731820#U731820

cmatta
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 39 of 73 (1,049 Views)

like it or not, after all the years that this feature has been requested, that Skype considers other features to have a much higher priority

third-party solutions actually tend to lessen the need for built-in features, especially when the number of users affected is deemed to be small relative to the Skype userbase

please post things that relate to the Mac in the Mac forum

this forum is for Windows
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 314
Message 40 of 73 (1,047 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling