One of my skype always stay online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

One of my skype always stay online

Hi 

I've got two skype and one of my skype wont disconnect even if im disconnected. I can see him still online on my first skype when its the only one i run.

I checked all of my mobile device and ive got no skype running (i turned them off just to be sure)

i also checked the ip on skype and its kinda weird, it say that the ip on my skype is : 168.63.125.125 which apparently belong to microsoft.

Is there anyway i can disconnect this account?

Opie666
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (1,647 Views)

Re: One of my skype always stay online

If this Skype account is linked with Microsoft account and you have Outlook.com open in a browser, then this might be the reason for seeing it Online.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6395
Message 2 of 6 (1,624 Views)

Negative.

I rebooted my computer and it was still online when i disconected from this account.

Opie666
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (1,620 Views)

Sometimes there can be a delay so you might want to set your status temporarily to offline (for 10 seconds) then back online on the account you are using to check the status.  Also if that other account is signed into another device/phone, it will remain online as well.  If it continues to remain online you may still be logged in somewhere and not know it (i.e. a friends house, a cyber cafe, etc.).  Your best option would be to change your password on that account.  That will force log-off that account from all devices including yourself and it should go offline after that.  Your IP will tend to be a Microsoft one if you have the "Allow direct connections to contacts only" checked in your Skype client but it can occur for other reasons as well.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1263
Message 4 of 6 (1,615 Views)

i changed my password and it still remain online when im disconnected.

Opie666
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (1,599 Views)

What happens when you change the status to offline/invisible/do not disturb and check the status from another client?    Try running multiple Skpe clients/accounts on the same computer:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA829

Have one logged into your normal account and the other logged into the problematic one.  Observe the changes when you toggle the state.  Left it in one of those other states, then sign-off that account.  See what happens to the status under the normal account as soon as you do.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1263
Message 6 of 6 (1,594 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling