On-line green indicator light not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

On-line green indicator light not working

When most of my contact are on-line the green indicator light will not light up.  I questioned this when I only had 2 contacts on-line over a month long period.  I would make a phone call via skype and they insured me they were on-line but their green light was not lit.  I downloaded the new application today and now you cannot make a video call if the light is not lit up so I can never make a video call now with getting this green light problem fixed.

sheryl1946
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (752 Views)

Re: On-line green indicator light not working

If you think a contact is online but showing offline, you can still try to make a video call to them with the new version, even though the Video Call button won't function.

Click on the contact you want to call.  Then right click, and on the menu that comes up click on Video Call.  That will try the call regardless of the contact showing online or offlne.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 937
Message 2 of 5 (747 Views)

Regarding the below solution:

"If you think a contact is online but showing offline, you can still try to make a video call to them with the new version, even though the Video Call button won't function. Click on the contact you want to call.  Then right click, and on the menu that comes up click on Video Call.  That will try the call regardless of the contact showing online or offlne."

It does not work. I have the latest version of skype and tried calling with a right click bringing up "video call" is in grey and cannot be used. Calling without video also does not work. I know my wife is online because she is calling me in Europe on a cell and I assure her that I am online and she assures me that she is online. Anyone know how to overcome this? Help!

tony1ee
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (452 Views)

The above will only work if the contact is shown as Offline because they have selected the Invisible status. The status icons for Offline and Invisible status are identical.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6918
Message 4 of 5 (448 Views)

forgive me for being redundant: is there a solution for my predicament --

we both are logged in,  I see my status is being online but I don't see my counterpart as online. She calls me on the cell and tells me that she sees herself as being "online" too. We cannot call each other on skype despite rebooting the computer or restarting skype.  Help, please.

tony1ee
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (438 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling