No video from camera in Surface Pro

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No video from camera in Surface Pro

I just got a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet.  I have downloaded the Skype Desktop version 6.10 and installled it.  It seems to operate normally and has connected to my exisitng Skype account. But when I go to video settings, it is not getting an image from either of the built in cameras.  It sees both cameras, listed as Front Lifecam and Rear Lifecam, but only shows a blank image.  The cameras work for other applications.  I tried installing the "special" version of Skype, listed in some forums for similar problems,  but it would not launch at all.  When I called a co-worker, she could see me, but I could not see her or myself

Scott801
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,204 Views)

Re: No video from camera in Surface Pro

I am having a similar problem with my camera on the Surface Pro.  One thng I found that works is to go into the Task Manager and if either the camera or Skype are on, end the task.  Then go back into Skype and it should work.  It solves the immediate issue, but does not solve the overall problem of why it occurs.  If someone else has a suggestion, it would be appreciated.

c_dog3
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (2,009 Views)

Re: No video from camera in Surface Pro

@Scott801, Can you please provide logs as described in this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12321/how-do-i-create-log-files under Skype for Windows Desktop and attach it to your post?

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 164
Message 3 of 3 (1,948 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling