No sound on Skype video calls :(

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No sound on Skype video calls :(

Hi

I have recently downloaded Skype to my new Lap top. I can see the other person on video call and they can hear me, however i cannot hear them. Can anyone help me please?

Kerryb
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (19,656 Views)

Re: No sound on Skype video calls :(

Please see-

https://support.skype.com/en-gb/faq/FA348/why-can-t-i-hear-the-other-person

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6512
Message 2 of 4 (19,652 Views)

[ Edited ]

Check to see if your volume settings on both Skype and your computer are not set to low or mute.  If they are, just adjust them to the setting that allows you to best hear your contact.  I recently had some issues with not being able to hear contacts on Skype and it turned out to be my old computer's sound card failing.

calliekuczek
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (19,635 Views)

Yes I am having the same problem. I cant hear my friend. I checked all my stuff so i told him to do the sound check. He did the audio sound check. He cant hear his message play back. He checked his mic and everything. But nothing still. What else can it be.

crystalcunningh
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (19,628 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling