No sound during call in Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Sound Problem

quinchito2 wrote:

I have windows vista and when I downloaded the new skype I lost the sound they can't hear me but I can hear them

What settings do you have for microphone in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings?

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6376
Message 11 of 59 (5,530 Views)

I have the same problem on my PC, even after buying a new pair of headphones with microphone. I have tried changing the settings in Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound to all the recommended settings to no avail. My computer still does not hear any sound from the microphone. Have you received any solution to your problem? 

Please use plain text.
mikesubramaniam
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 59 (5,517 Views)

One more here with the problem that Skype does not detect sound from my microphone. Funny thing is that when I press the button for call quality and test it there, it works, but when I make a proper call, Skype tells me it can't access my sound card.

Using Windows XP, and tried both a new USB headset and another external microphone that USED to work fine.

The only change I know of since when it worked last time, is that I updated to newer version of Skype. And it feels really weird that in one function in Skype it works properly, but not when it comes to an actuall call.

Any help appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Zinina
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 59 (5,512 Views)

I'm new to this support system since I haven't encountered any problem before, however, just recently the sound coming from my headset produces so much echo but when I try to use the computer's speaker, it sounded just right. I tried another headset but it's all the same, very loud echo of the person I'm talking with. Please help... Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
carolerik1
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 59 (5,404 Views)

i need help so people i call can hear me,,,it was working fine 2 days ago,,,but now they can not hear me.
this has happened several times before
Please use plain text.
bunny-bear
Tourist
Message 15 of 59 (5,248 Views)

frends cant hear me
Please use plain text.
khaledkhattab2
Casual Tourist
Message 16 of 59 (5,240 Views)

the other side can t here me
Please use plain text.
shaym
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 59 (5,146 Views)

i can hear them but they ca not hearing me
Please use plain text.
fadia
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 59 (5,089 Views)

another person can not hearing me

Please use plain text.
fadia
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 59 (5,089 Views)

Re:Sound Problem while using Skype in Windows XP

I can't hear my voice in echo test call. I have followed the sound guide for Windows XP but still having the same problem. I only see one option for spearkers and microphone in Skype audio setting. I have used the same headphone in Gtalk, OovoO, yahoo and msn several times but did't have such a problem.

Hear are the settings. I would be much thankful if anyone could help.

Please use plain text.
MJay
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 59 (5,004 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling