Re: No option to remove my profile picture ?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No option to remove my profile picture ?

Skype has always allowed users to NOT have a picture on your profile. After the last update I put a picture on my profile and when i tried to remove it, I don't see how, It's like skype is forcing me to have a picture. I can change it, but I cannot remove it. I don't think i need to explain how wrong this is...

Jickar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 23 (70,079 Views)

I think that option was indeed remove in version 5.5.  Im still looking where this option could be hidden, and will just update this thread if i find something.  for the meantime, you can use the image below as your profile image, this is the same oen that will appear if a user chose not to have a profile image;

the image

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1469
Message 2 of 23 (69,939 Views)

The other irritation is that you are not give any choice after downloading skype. Your picture is taken and posted without your prior approval. Skype needs to address this problem asap.

befuddled
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 23 (68,655 Views)

I find this to be very irritating and if the Skype support does not adress this issue quick I am inclined to release this to some sources who love to deal with companies taking away the users freedom rights.
burgerton
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 23 (67,976 Views)

I know you posted this a while ago, im not sure if you found a way, but if you have the chance to log into skype on a phone ( i did it from an iphone) not sure if you can do it from any other, u go into ur info and click the picture and there is the option to delete it and when u go back on to a desktop the picture had been removed, hope this helped :happy:
Clonkywonky
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 23 (66,419 Views)

Dears, you can easily delete the profile photo, just save below photo on your desktop, then go to view in skype menu then to profile and double click on the current photo, at the buttom you can find an option to choose file, double click and choose the below photo which is already saved on your desktop.

L0P3G.png

Talal_Jader
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 23 (65,816 Views)

It worked. Thanks a lot.
gg_sharma
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 23 (62,354 Views)

It worked for me
alokksa
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 23 (61,902 Views)

go to skype top left corner then go to "profile" then go to "change your picture"
caspargaze
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 23 (60,783 Views)

Nice 1 Talal :catlol:

ShainMosan
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 23 (58,058 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling