No login screen!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

No login screen!

Hey guys, Im having this problem on Skype that when I open up Skype, all that it shows is a blank blue screen with the Skype logo in the center and Skype, Tools, & Option tabs at the top left. There is nothing else there. I have Skype 6.0 installed on my computer. I have no idea how to sign in so I can talk to my friends and family :/ If anybody has any ideas, Ill be more than happy to read and try them out. Thanks a lot!

This widget could not be displayed.
ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

dominator2395 wrote:
no I havent gotten positive confirmation, i typed in "cd\", that worked, then I typed in "cdwindows\SysWOW64", it said "the system cannot find the path specified" and when I went to type in the other codes, all of them then said that they are not recognized as an internal of external command, operable program or batch file.

Try this:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

In the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.

Next type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE 32-bit version) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

View solution in original post
dominator2395
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 27 (12,049 Views)

Re: No login screen!

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: msinfo32.exe and press Enter

and see the system type in there.

systype.PNG

Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

Type: iexplore.exe and press Enter

Help >> About Internet Explorer

Please do a JavaScript test.

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: iexplore.exe and press Enter

Type the URL: http://javatester.org/javascript.html

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6483
Message 2 of 27 (12,036 Views)

Im running a 64 bit version of windows. I use Google Chrome for internet browsing, and Im not sure how to find out the version of Internet Explorer.
dominator2395
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 27 (12,033 Views)

I have Internet Explorer 9
dominator2395
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 27 (12,029 Views)

Try to re-register JavaScript
http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Installing-skype/m-p/971420/highlight/true#M71582

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6483
Message 5 of 27 (12,024 Views)

I tried this and it still doesnt work :/
dominator2395
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 27 (12,018 Views)

dominator2395 wrote:
I tried this and it still doesnt work :/

Have you received positive confirmation on each regsvr32 command, i.e. have you seen the answer: DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded and DllRegisterServer in jscript9.dll succeeded?

Make also the test showing if your Internet Explorer can now execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE 32-bit version) this page:

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6982
Message 7 of 27 (12,014 Views)

no I havent gotten positive confirmation, i typed in "cd\", that worked, then I typed in "cdwindows\SysWOW64", it said "the system cannot find the path specified" and when I went to type in the other codes, all of them then said that they are not recognized as an internal of external command, operable program or batch file.
dominator2395
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 27 (12,010 Views)

dominator2395 wrote:

Try this:

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

In the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.

Next type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6982
Message 9 of 27 (12,007 Views)

Perfect! Skype is working as it should :happy: Thanks a lot :happy:
dominator2395
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 27 (11,999 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling