No audio on voicemail play back?!?!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No audio on voicemail play back?!?!

[ Edited ]

When I go into Skype to play back any messages to my online number, there is no audio. It plays for as long as the message recorded was, but no sound.

I have downloaded the most current version of skype a few days ago and set up my voicemail on the default outgoing message (British lady saying I'm not available) and everything works fine, speakers, microphone, ect.

I paid for an online number and pay as you go minutes.

I had made a phone call earlier in the day and was expecting an important message back. The message doesn't give me an actual telephone number, it says it's from "j3.computer.help.warning" and it's 1:23 long. Could this be from that person or would it show me the telephone number???

PLEASE HELP!!! :sad:

This is extremely frustrating

p_collins
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (607 Views)

Re: No audio on voicemail play back?!?!

p_collins wrote:

When I go into Skype to play back any messages to my online number, there is no audio. It plays for as long as the message recorded was, but no sound.

I have downloaded the most current version of skype a few days ago and set up my voicemail on the default outgoing message (British lady saying I'm not available) and everything works fine, speakers, microphone, ect.

I paid for an online number and pay as you go minutes.

I had made a phone call earlier in the day and was expecting an important message back. The message doesn't give me an actual telephone number, it says it's from "j3.computer.help.warning" and it's 1:23 long. Could this be from that person or would it show me the telephone number???

PLEASE HELP!!! :sad:

This is extremely frustrating

Please see these suggestions: http://community.skype.com/t5/Garage/TheUberOverLord-Call-Issues-Checks/td-p/156704

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 2 of 4 (468 Views)

yes, everything that I have is current...skype, drivers, ect.

I even downloaded the driver scanner at the bottom of your list (which also downloaded a trojan onto my computer BTW :sad:...thankfully I have an antivirus program that caught it)

This is the first time I've ever used Skype and I'm 100% regretting it at this point. I should be able to hear the recorded message...it's the whole reason why I got it - for the voicemail.

Thanks anyways.

p_collins
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

p_collins wrote:

yes, everything that I have is current...skype, drivers, ect.

I even downloaded the driver scanner at the bottom of your list (which also downloaded a trojan onto my computer BTW :sad:...thankfully I have an antivirus program that caught it)

This is the first time I've ever used Skype and I'm 100% regretting it at this point. I should be able to hear the recorded message...it's the whole reason why I got it - for the voicemail.

Thanks anyways.

Driver scanner, there is no "Driver scanner" in the suggestions.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 4 of 4 (458 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling