Re: No Video or Cant hear the other person

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No Video or Cant hear the other person

My moms web cam is Plugged in but I cant see her video and I cant hear her but she can hear me. What can I do

Fire1mini
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: No Video or Cant hear the other person

[ Edited ]

Is your mom computer literate enough for her to join this forum conversation?  It will be hard for anyone here to ask questions and make suggestion to you, then you to her, and so on.   Or are you located close enough that you have phyisical access to Mom's computer?

For starters:

What version of Skype is Mom running?  She should click on Help > About for the specific version number.

What version of Windows.

What type webcam?

Does the webcam work on with an other programs, or can she see her own video at this webcam test site:  http://www.sillywebcam.com/test.htm

edit:  Is video and audio normal for you with other contacts?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1389
Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling