No Skype Sounds At All.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No Skype Sounds At All.

So... as the title says I have absolutely no skype sounds whatsoever. This is completely new. I've been using Skype for a very long time and all of the sudden in the middle of a call it tells me it no longer has access to my sound board. From then on I have no sound from Skype. Yes, I have gone in and checked that Skype is set to send the sound through the proper speakers. I was on Skype 5.3 when this happened. Uninstalled, reinstalled several times. No luck. Went to Skype 5.5, same thing. I'm completely baffled as to why Skype would suddenly lose connection to my sound board.

The person at the other end of the call was able to hear me just fine. I was not able to hear him, nor the sounds Skypes makes at the start of a call, end of a call, when a message is sent, when a message is received... etc etc etc... basically all skype sounds.

This is on Windows XP SP 2 on a MacBook with BootCamp.

Sinovera
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (403 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling