New version doesn't allow me to take snapshots?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

New version doesn't allow me to take snapshots?

I just updated to the new version and I found that I can no longer take snapshots of people I talk to. Is there a specific way to take snapshots with the new version? If not, what is the previous version that I could download that still maintain the snapshots feature?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator

Accepted Solution

noonie1986 wrote:

I just updated to the new version and I found that I can no longer take snapshots of people I talk to. Is there a specific way to take snapshots with the new version? If not, what is the previous version that I could download that still maintain the snapshots feature?

In the video call window click the "+" sign to take a snapshot.

View solution in original post
noonie1986
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 28 (13,430 Views)

Re: New version doesn't allow me to take snapshots?

noonie1986 wrote:

In the video call window click the "+" sign to take a snapshot.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 625
Message 2 of 28 (13,397 Views)

I've encountered this as well.  The new interface is cleaner, but the snapshot function is now less convenient to use.

Personally, I'd like the snapshot button back on the main call screen, but if that isn't going to happen it would be nice to be able to assign it to a hotkey.

tstrmr
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 3 of 28 (13,372 Views)

Moved to "Windows".

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1326
Message 4 of 28 (13,357 Views)

This new version is very inconvienent to use.  Having to go through multiple layers to be able to take snapshots of moving grandchildren is laughable.  Looks like i'll have to go back and use the Logitech software instead or revert back to 5.3.  Where can I download the previous version?

lord-nevyn
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 28 (13,300 Views)

lord-nevyn wrote:

This new version is very inconvienent to use.  Having to go through multiple layers to be able to take snapshots of moving grandchildren is laughable.  Looks like i'll have to go back and use the Logitech software instead or revert back to 5.3.  Where can I download the previous version?

here's how;

How to Download an Earlier Version of Skype

please also read the reminders there regarding using an older version of Skype.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1305
Message 6 of 28 (13,292 Views)

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!  Put back the snapshot button or at very least give us a hot-key.  It totally disrupts any conversation to have to hunt through several layers to snapshot -- or just as bad to keep that drop-down window open and on-screen at all times.

How will we know if & when Skype fixes it?

chandi
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 28 (13,221 Views)

I agree with other posters that the new "Take Picture" is very inconvenient.  Please bring it back as a separate button so the menu doesn't cover the screen you're trying to take a photo of.

Also, for paid phone calls, please bring back the cost meter.

amp-qld
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 8 of 28 (12,991 Views)

How can you give your end users a great feature and then, w/o any notice, just take it away?????I guess this was due to the administration change, BUT IT IS NOT FAIR!!!! What good is it to make such fuzz about the great features if all of a sudden they will disappear! PLS, PLS, GIVE US BACK THE ORIGINAL SNAPSHOTS FEATURE........
irmiux
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 28 (12,962 Views)

sorry, this is NOT SOLVED.
Of course you can take snapshots, but only one at time... and then you lose the next one that is probably nicer ,or more intersting...
PLEASE GIVE US THE OLD SYSTEM !!!!!!!
exxtraordinary
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 28 (9,860 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling