New skype virus

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

New skype virus

i got a message from my friend who got hacked on skype she got a message saying
"hey, is it your skype photo? goo.gl/something=YourSkypeName"
and when it got sent to me i couldnt prevent it i changed my password countless times, i even made a new skype and the same hacker is trying to get in, this is very anoyying and i cant stand it someone please tell me how do i fix this?!

MajorasKID
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (32,485 Views)

Re: New skype virus

Please see-

http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/Alert-another-new-virus-sent-out/m-p/1092486/highli...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6470
Message 2 of 9 (32,474 Views)

Everybody, I think I know how to fix this. Multiple of my friends and I have had this virus, and we've all solved it. I don't know if this works on Windows XP or Vista, but it works on Windows 7. There are 2 ways to solve it. A system restore seems to work for most people. Something less advanced you can do is to open the task manager, go into the "Processes" tab and look for a process called "iexplore".
 I noticed this was open on my PC, and I almost never use Internet Explorer, and I make sure to have as few processes open as possible, so I closed it. It worked. I told my friends to do it, and it worked for every single one of them.

jonpetergustavs
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (32,026 Views)

can you use windows search engine and look for the iexplore.exe file?

download this useful utility:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6470
Message 4 of 9 (32,022 Views)

This happened to me!

MajorasKID wrote:

i got a message from my friend who got hacked on skype she got a message saying
"hey, is it your skype photo? goo.gl/something=YourSkypeName"
and when it got sent to me i couldnt prevent it i changed my password countless times, i even made a new skype and the same hacker is trying to get in, this is very anoyying and i cant stand it someone please tell me how do i fix this?!

2013SkypeVirus
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (26,978 Views)

i tryed to shut it down in the aktivitything and then it pops up every time i start the coputer

plz help meee

kebabvagnen
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (23,735 Views)

I also opened it but I have a mac computer, anyone know if the virus is just Windows based ?

nillista
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (20,987 Views)

Guys downloading AVG worked awesome and i didnt have any problem with removing the viruses

Toothless
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (20,973 Views)

It is only windows don't worry.  I found out the extension at the end is .exe which only windows can procses unless you downloaded one that was a .zip or .dmg at the end then you're screwed

IF YOU ARE INFECTED AND WANT TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT DO NOT USE IT OR LOGIN INTO IT ON THE VIRTUL MACHINE THAT GOT INFECTED OR ELSE IT WILL INFECT THAT ONE TO

Milo4000
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (7,104 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling