My webcam doesn't work on Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

My webcam doesn't work on Skype

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 with Vista.  My webcam works for everything except Skype. The message says "Try closing other programs that might be using the webcam." I don't have any other programs running. I can see other people, but they cannot see me. What can I do to correct this?

cp75
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (9,908 Views)

Re: My WebMD doesn't work on Skype

I too have the same problem. I am using intex colleida camera, driver IT-1301wc. My webcam works with everything except skype. I checked this in device manager. Nothing seems to be the problem with webcam. It seems to be the problem with the driver of the webcam. You go to Device Manager and give update for new driver and try....

also provide some solution for me

ara_cool2624
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (9,835 Views)

Re: My WebMD doesn't work on Skype

I have the same problem using a laptop with Windows Vista. Any suggestions?

dickfuerte
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 3 (6,680 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling