My video doesn't work properly in Windows 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

My video doesn't work properly in Windows 7

Ever since I installed Windows 7, my outgoing and incoming Skype videos look like this. Any suggestions?

This widget could not be displayed.
ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

rosweed wrote:

Ever since I installed Windows 7, my outgoing and incoming Skype videos look like this. Any suggestions?

Most likely you have an nVidia graphic card and have installed the latest 285 version driver. Skype is not working well with this driver. The solution is to revert to the older 280.26 driver.

View solution in original post
rosweed
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,043 Views)

Re: My video doesn't work properly in Windows 7

Rosweed, I feel for you. Not that this is correct or only answer, but here is my little offering.

My daughter's Acer 5810T was just upgraded to Windows 7 on a clean install. After installing Skype 5.5, the dang thing would consume most of the computer's resources and send it into freeze mode for 10 minutes or so. This would happen everytime she tried to have a video chat. After much trial and error, since there didn't seem to be a viable answer for her problem on the net or from our local computer geeks, I updated the bios, the chipset and the video camera software, (although I don't think camera softeware made a difference). While Skype continues to use 50 to 80% of the computers resources as compared to 80 to 100% before, we seem to have made some improvement through the aforementioned updates.

I should mention, since it's only been a few hours since the updates, should the freezing return, as one geek suggested, we sadly, will have to return to vista.

DSS900
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (1,038 Views)

Re: My video doesn't work properly in Windows 7

rosweed wrote:

Most likely you have an nVidia graphic card and have installed the latest 285 version driver. Skype is not working well with this driver. The solution is to revert to the older 280.26 driver.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5823
Message 3 of 3 (1,013 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling