My friends cannot see me, but i can see them! my ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

My friends cannot see me, but i can see them! my little screen just stays loading. please help!

my web cam is fine and it worked all day yesterday! whats wrong? how can i fix this?

ive been chatting ith people for days and its worked great. now they cannot see me, they can hear me tho.  you know the little square screen where it shows yourself, well mine just says black with a little spinning circle in the middle and it never loads up. my friends cannot see me anymore. i cannot figure this out. its not my connection because i have the top of the line service here.  can anyone please help?

vetobenito
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 22 (37,342 Views)

Re: My friends cannot see me, but i can see them! my little screen just stays loading. please help

What version of Skype are you running?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specific version number.

What version of Windows?

What type webcam?

Click on Tools > Options > Video settings.  Do you see your own video there?   What does it say in the Select webcam box?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 918
Message 2 of 22 (37,324 Views)

Re: My friends cannot see me, but i can see them! my little screen just stays loading. please help

i am having the same exact problem i can see and hear them but they can only hear me, it keeps saying the video is loading. i went to my video settings everything is fine with it and i can see myself there. but when i call it doesnt work? its not a problem with my computer or settings. i need help

nicksoden
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 22 (37,319 Views)

If you're having the exact same problem as is the original poster, I ask that you answer the exact same questions I asked of them. :wink:

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 22 (37,305 Views)

Re: My friends cannot see me, but I can see them! My little screen just stays loading. Please help

IM running the newest version and they said to turn My camera on I don't know how though. Please help!

theboyerfamily
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 22 (36,174 Views)

Re: My friends cannot see me, but I can see them! My little screen just stays loading. Please help

I'm able to see my friends ONLY when I call. But they can't see me. If they call me, they can see ME but I can't see them. Hm. Both of us are on brand new Macs with the latest version of Skype installed. I sure wish this software weren't so glitchy. Oh right, it belongs to MS now.

writesItRight
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 22 (35,501 Views)

Version 5.1

Windows 7 home premium

Webcam is a "Webcam SCB-1100N" it came stock on my samsung laptop

I can see my own video, but my friend on a Mac doesn't see.. it's kind of frustrating because like original post said, it was working fine yesterday..

Thanks in advance

cadillacpat
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 22 (34,318 Views)

The problem may be with your friend's Mac.  Do you have other contacts you can try a video call with to see if the same problem happens?  Does that Mac user have the same problem with other contacts, or just you?

Also,  in some cases where your video isn't being received at the other end, turning your webcam off for a view seconds and then turning it back on will jump start the video feed.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 22 (34,300 Views)

what should i do i can see people they can see me ?????

mamichila12
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 22 (33,367 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am using Win 7 on two desktop computers; one is my Dad's the other mine.  We used video chat for several weeks but now he can see me but I cannot see him.  I used Logmein to operate his computer remotely and found that the red bar is drawn through the video icon at the bottom of the screen.  I clicked it and the red bar disappeared but just for a minute then it came back.  I then uninstalled Skype on his computer (remotely) and re-installed it.  That worked... Until the next time we tried to communicate; same problem.

Is there a security setting on his computer that could be causing this?  (Speed of connection is not a problem; we are both using cable connections.)  He can see me but I cannot see him; sound works both ways.  Why would I and my Dad be able top turn the video "on" only to have it go back to the red bar status "off"? 

chipburkert
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 22 (32,974 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling