My Skype keeps on crashing!! HELP!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

My Skype keeps on crashing!! HELP!!

My Skype is always crashing between 10-20 minutes while in a call. I have the latest version of Skype. I have tried uninstalling and reinstall. It says Skype has stop responding, windows is find a solution to this problem, and just closes. Everytime. Also, there is some glitches when after I crash and recall my friends, the sound glitches really badly. Any ideas?! I am tired of this!! P.S, I am running Windows 7.

AccelCast
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: My Skype keeps on crashing!! HELP!!

its an issue with the new version 6.3 with no fix yet

try downgrading to 6.1 here http://www.filepuma.com/download/skype_6.1.0.129-2261/download/

first uninstal it and then delete the file in the program files folder the install 6.1

once that is done, don't forget to turn auto update off so it doesn't go back to 6.3

this has fixed the issue for most people

It seems that Skype engineers have identified the reason for the issue and a fix is promised to be included in the next update:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-6-3-won-t-run-past-login/m-p/1483145#M125

NarutoN20
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: My Skype keeps on crashing!! HELP!!

Does not work. Nothing apparently works :sad:
AccelCast
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (108 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling