Microphone stopped working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Microphone stopped working

Hello skype support network, 

I'm sure u have heard for this problem hundreds of times, as I goggled it, but nothing seems to help me. One time(a week ago or so), during my skype video call, mic was working fine as usual. But suddenly it's stopped working, and since then it doesn't work anymore. And off the skype as well. Later I've found out that my laptop does even recognize it at all.

Is there anyway that I fix this mic, or at least set skype to use my build in mic from laptop (acer aspire 7730Z)

Thanks in advance,

ajdinm

ajdinm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (656 Views)

Re: Microphone stopped working

first step, check and update your audio/mic driver or software.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1558
Message 2 of 7 (652 Views)

Wow, thanks for so quick reply :surprised:
I'm quite a noob for those stuff, but i'm using windows 7 os, and my headset is CRN-HS11 Canyon. Please help me 

ajdinm
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (650 Views)

My microphone also does not work. When i start a call it works for about 30 seconds, then the person on the other line can't hear me. When I use the test call it recognizes my microphone and voice, but after 20 secons with another user it goes out.

The person I skype with says they only have this problem with me.

Can you please help?

griff1jd
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (502 Views)

Hi everyone,

I have joined Skype community to discuss with professionals a problem with my microphone. 

I had Windows XP SP2 (32bit) re-installed on my Lenovo S10e netbook over a month ago. I installed a Skype version 6.6. afterwards without problems. Everything was running well including my build-in webcamera and microphone. Only I wasn't getting regular Microsoft Updates and I was reminded about it by my ESET NOD 32 Antivirus each time I started my laptop.

I went to Microsoft Community for help, and they recommended SP3 installation, which I did. A pack of 123 updates came after that, and they were all installed successfully. However, when I launched Skype afterwards, everything seemed to work perfectly for me, but not for my Contacts. They either hear me very badly or not at all. It looks like my microphone has stopped working. I have just checked my Realtek HD Audio manager (icon at right-hand bottom toolbar) and it says: Audio Driver Version 5.10.0.5675, DirectX Version 9.0

As I have been living outside my home country over a month now, it is vital for me to keep in touch with my family and friends over Skype. Please help, if you can.

Looking forward to your reply.

[Removed for privacy]

JajaH.
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (284 Views)

Since you updated everything else, try updating your Realtek audio drivers as explained here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Hardware/Microphone-doesnt-work/m-p/1900421#M4923

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1257
Message 6 of 7 (278 Views)

Many thanks for your help and advice, techfreak! My microphone is working well now after I have followed your intructions for updating the Realtek Audio driver.

You really made my day.

Wishing you all the best:happy:

JajaH.
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (269 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling