Microphone problems

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Microphone problems

I don't know how to fix this problem, when I do the Skype test it says that the microphone is working, but when I try to make a call it appears as mute and don't give me the option to change it. Can anyone help me?

Lucia

lucia-helena
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (2,118 Views)

Re: Microphone problems

I’m not sure if this is your case, but in the latest versions of Skype, the microphone icon in the call window has always a “/” sign over the image. This means that you can use this button to mute the microphone. If you click once on the button, then the microphone gets muted. If you click once more, it gets un-muted but still with the “/” sign on the icon.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6926
Message 2 of 4 (2,116 Views)

lucia-helena wrote:

I don't know how to fix this problem, when I do the Skype test it says that the microphone is working, but when I try to make a call it appears as mute and don't give me the option to change it. Can anyone help me?

Lucia

hu_sylvia
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (2,096 Views)

Before trying to isolate an issue, it's always best that one is running the latest Skype release. Which may in itself resolve the issue.

A new version has just been released August 02, 2011:

Please click the "Get Skype" link at the top of this page and download the normal version of Skype, NOT the beta version to get this new version.

This new version is 5.5.0.113 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:

Help -> About Skype

If this does not fix the issue, please copy/paste the link below into the browser window of your choice:

support.skype.com/en-us/troubleshooter/Troubleshooter_Call_Quality/1A//no+sound/1307206507?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 4 of 4 (2,086 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling