Microphone/Line in is not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Microphone/Line in is not working

I just got a brand new Dell inspiron E2 ADM. In configuring Skype, setting the microphone on "Microphone/Line In" is not working for either internal or external.  The only way I got the microphone working with Skype, is to set to "Internal Mic".   Any Idea to get this working for "Microphone/Line in" and how to use external microphone?

Bojel

Bojel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (8,488 Views)

Re: Microphone/Line in is not working

[ Edited ]

Bojel wrote:

I just got a brand new Dell inspiron E2 ADM. In configuring Skype, setting the microphone on "Microphone/Line In" is not working for either internal or external.  The only way I got the microphone working with Skype, is to set to "Internal Mic".   Any Idea to get this working for "Microphone/Line in" and how to use external microphone?

Bojel

Please click the check your audio and video devices link below and see what devices are available for audio and which ones work.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 2 of 4 (8,370 Views)

I have the same problem, it gives me 3 options: Microphone Array (uses laptop mic), Rec. Playback (does nothing), Microphone/Line In (does nothing). I have my headset connected but it doesn't show up as an option. I never had any problems with using this headset with my other dell laptop. I don't want to use Microphone Array, I want to use the headset mic - any suggestions?
AngelxLoves
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (7,701 Views)

AngelxLoves wrote:
I have the same problem, it gives me 3 options: Microphone Array (uses laptop mic), Rec. Playback (does nothing), Microphone/Line In (does nothing). I have my headset connected but it doesn't show up as an option. I never had any problems with using this headset with my other dell laptop. I don't want to use Microphone Array, I want to use the headset mic - any suggestions?

Open Windows Sound Control Panel -> Recording devices. Which recording devices do you see available there and which one is selected as the active default device.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7058
Message 4 of 4 (7,690 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling