Mic's fine but Skype won't pick up my voice

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Mic's fine but Skype won't pick up my voice

When I try to call my friend the video and whatnot is fine, I can hear her but she can't hear me. I checked all of mic settings on the Skype program and on the computer itself, skype says my mic is working fine however she still can't hear me. I tried the Echo test call and it didn't pick up on my voice either, the thing is that I tried talking on some different programs and it works, its only skype that doesn't.

JordzyOwen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (8,171 Views)

Re: Mic's fine but Skype won't pick up my voice

try to set the sound input to microphone.

In the call, Click Call quality >> Microphone >> Set the input to your microphone.

setmic.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6484
Message 2 of 6 (8,166 Views)

I did try this, the mic volume moves when I speak however the voice isn't actually picked up on Skype still. Thanks for the suggestion.

JordzyOwen
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (8,164 Views)

What is your sound card model name?

What is the version of Skype program you are on now?

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

Run this FixIT

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us

Try to reset Skype Settings
http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-auto-logs-off/m-p/938210/highlight/true#M69026

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 6 (8,162 Views)

From what I've done it's something to do with Skype itself as the driver hardware has no problems, also the mic works on everything else. It's always worked on Skype, it wasn't until yesterday that this has started.

JordzyOwen
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (8,152 Views)

For troubleshooting purposes install ManyCam

http://download2.manycam.com/ManyCamStandaloneSetup.exe

Choose ManyCam as the audio source

In Skype, Click Tools >> Options... >> Audio settings >> Select ManyCam Virtual Microphone.

manycam1.png

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 6 (8,151 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling