Messages not sending????

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Messages not sending????

Just today, skype suddenly isn't letting me send messages....
I seem to be able to receive sometimes - but not always 

saishasta
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 19 (14,823 Views)

Re: Messages not sending????

I have this issue all of the time. I'll have a stable internet connection, and so do my contacts but Skype fails to send and recieve messages.

4kkb
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 19 (14,673 Views)

saishasta wrote:

Just today, skype suddenly isn't letting me send messages....
I seem to be able to receive sometimes - but not always 

Skype requires the sender and receiver of IM's to be online at the same time for messages to be delivered.  Are you and the contact you're sending to both online?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 916
Message 3 of 19 (14,669 Views)

Yes, we were both online
I don't know what was wrong
But somehow, it's fixed now....
Don't know what I did or what happened to fix it..... 

saishasta
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 19 (14,658 Views)

[ Edited ]

I experience the same problem periodically (every day). After few hours my messages finally reach the destination, but I'm not satisfied with that, especially if my message was very important and urgent. I'm 100% sure that my connection is perfect, I'm using the latest version of the software, both me and the receiver are online at the same time, but the problem remains.

I saw many different "solutions" for this problem in this forum, but they all look like workaround. I don't want to type anything in command prompt, or to trick with my online statuses, it is NOT A NORMAL WAY the program should work!

Actually I don't understand the policy of this company at all...

We all have skype accounts - why do we need to register one more time on this forum to post a question or complaint? Have they ever heard about such thing like single Sign-On?

Does anyone know if there's any Skype Helpdesk phone number anywhere in the world? Or at least support live chat?

This software is not working properly as it promises, and that is the fact, the bitter truth. And there's nobody to complain to or who can fix the problem immediatetly.

To my understanding, this is a commercial product, they get profit like any other operator from their customers subscriptions. At the same time, they're not able to provide any qualified support for their customers, very sad...

No support - no subscription from my side. Sorry, but quality matters for me

Andrewgiliw
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (14,648 Views)

Hi!Just a friendly suggetion, Check out your pings/speed & packet lost using speedtest.net
If you're experiencing lossing of packets & high ping , its most likely due to ur internet connection, else its either your connection settings or skype's connection isnt that gd :tongue: 

jonathan920
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (14,639 Views)

Anyway, we should give them sometime to perfect their products yea, on my side , everything works well :happy: Anyway, they provide awesome solution , all in one :tongue: right :happy: cheer up , all the best :happy:
jonathan920
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 19 (14,637 Views)

jonathan920 wrote:
Anyway, we should give them sometime to perfect their products yea, on my side , everything works well :happy: Anyway, they provide awesome solution , all in one :tongue: right :happy: cheer up , all the best :happy:

I can list many other solutions with the same and sometimes even better functionality and features and stable work than Skype. If you don't know them, it doesn't mean they don't exist :happy:

Andrewgiliw
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 19 (14,627 Views)

I'm always using speedtest.net to check my connection quality.
When I said that my connection is perfect, it means that speedtest.net said so :happy:
Andrewgiliw
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (14,625 Views)

Skype stop sending messages to my contacts. Please help me solve this. Thanks

Posted from Apple iPad
helenviloria
Tourist
Message 10 of 19 (12,283 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling