Message not delivered yet.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Message not delivered yet.

Hello.

As of late starting to get that problem with my friend. She is online, i know that, and i see her status in skype is online. When i write a message to her, it never gets delivired, wheel keeps spinning nearby the message and nothing happens, when i mouseover the wheel it says " Message not delivered yet ". Also when i try to ring her, nothing happens, call gets dropped without even ringing to her. When she rings me it works fine, we can voice chat and all my messages during the call gets delivered. It is certainly not her internet problem.

Sometimes after ~24h my messages get delivered when she gets online....
What can be done with this annoying issue?
P.S. Out of my 58 contacts i have this problem only with her.

Thanks.

Cryo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (23,075 Views)

Re: Message not delivered yet.

The only advice I can offer, is, if she has not done so, to update to the newest version of Skype, which she can get at the top of this page, via the 'Get Skype' fixed the same issue for me. If not, maybe someone with more knowledge of Skype can help you.

arizonaxx
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 13 (22,979 Views)

Yes, she has the latest version of Skype.
Cryo
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (22,969 Views)

This is NOT a fix or solution.

Both of you should try this:

Using the Skype Icon located in your system tray, please right click on it and change your status to "Offline" for 5 seconds and back to "Online".

This forces a refresh of your contacts status and also forces a refresh of your current status as well, without the need to logoff/logon.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 578
Message 4 of 13 (22,962 Views)

Ive read couple of forums and it seems that this issue has been around for a very very long time, in fact atleast 3 years. 

How hard must it be to fix a messaging service.....

Cryo
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (22,895 Views)

HA! fix it... it would be fixed by now if they cared.

zantetsu3
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (22,680 Views)

Is there any moderators or anyone who actally works for skype here or are we just left to put the pieces of the puzzle together our selves. I could not accept my friends add then i sent her an add back it hasnt gone through and now five hours its says message not delivered. Please fix your messenger service because normally i can talk to people all over.

kappadonna13
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 13 (22,406 Views)

I tried to send a SMS to an Australian number. It worked before, but now it says: "Not delivered yet." for over an hour. I tried to go offline and send it again, but that didn't work either... now they both have the same status.

Renske
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 13 (21,960 Views)

Could anyone fix it? It happens to me too. My friend has skype on his Iphone, but other friend of mine has it too, and I can send her messages........ :sad:

thanks

AFG
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 13 (21,827 Views)

Yeah could anybody fix this problem plz??

actually i have this problem and i cant chat with anyone of my friends

is there any solution for this problem??

luizkike24
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 13 (21,361 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling