Message Lag

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Message Lag

Some times quite often I type messages to contacts and they lag for about 5+ mins before sending through, why is this happening? I'm not running anything with a heavy usage on at the same time as I talk.

FallenGem
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,301 Views)

Re: Message Lag

This is NOT a fix or solution.

Please right click on the Skype Icon in your system tray and change your status to "Offline" for 5 seconds and then back to "Online".

This forces a status update of all your contacts in your conact list as well as a update of your status without the need to logoff/logon.

It also could be that the person(s) you are sending to have updated their online status as online, might be worth a try to have them try this at the same time you do, to see if there is any difference.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 574
Message 2 of 3 (1,146 Views)

Re: Message Lag

I've noticed terrible lag in the last month but it's getting worse, not just for me either but for everyone I know that uses skype.

Messages will sometimes not show up for 5 hours or more. As far as using it for text chat I think I'll be ditching it pretty soon

hayster
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,133 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling