Malicious attacks by cdn.adnxs

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Malicious attacks by cdn.adnxs

I keep getting attacked by a virus or something when I'm at the Skype home page, or when I'm in a call and your ads show up. It wants to direct me to a survey page that downloads harmful files into my computer. I'm pretty sure it is Skype, because the attacks stopped when I fully exited the application. I looked around threads and I see that people are still having this problem. Could you please investigate this problem, it's making me (and probably others) wary of Skype :S

This widget could not be displayed.
Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi, BuellSV,

I think two things come into play here: first, ensure you are using the most recent version of Skype; and second, that the virus signature files are the most up-to-date which Norton has available for you to use.  You may have to update Norton manually rather than waiting for an automatic file update.

Best,

Elaine

View solution in original post
BuellSV
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (722 Views)

Re: Malicious attacks by cdn.adnxs

Hi, BuellSV, and welcome to the Community,

May I direct you to this thread for more information?

http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/Skype-Intrusion-Attemp-Malicious-Download/t...

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1692
Message 2 of 4 (701 Views)

Hi Elaine, thanks for responding.
I'm using Norton Antivirus. How am I suppose to avoid this if it's a "false" alert? It keeps opening a dialog box for me every time there is an ad on the page or when I'm in a Skype call, and it keeps notifying me over and over again that it is being blocked. I'm not sure if I understand the solution in the thread you've directed to me.
BuellSV
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (691 Views)

Hi, BuellSV,

I think two things come into play here: first, ensure you are using the most recent version of Skype; and second, that the virus signature files are the most up-to-date which Norton has available for you to use.  You may have to update Norton manually rather than waiting for an automatic file update.

Best,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1692
Message 4 of 4 (683 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling